Special Offer for Obris Cascade Alliance Members
Benefit from Adam Matthew Digital's preferential special pricing offer for all Orbis Cascade Alliance members and secure your institution's access to a wealth of digital primary source collections -created in collaboration with leading libraries and archives around the world.
About Adam Matthew products
- Award-winning collections spanning the social sciences and humanities, developed in collaboration with leading libraries and archives.
- Discover millions of pages of unique primary source content which empower students and researchers to develop critical thinking.
- Powerful digital collections that transform teaching and research on important themes such as: Borders and Migrations, Gender and Sexuality, Global History, and War and Conflict.
- Wealth of additional features to enhance student engagement including Handwritten Text Recognition, Data Visualization, Video, and Oral Histories.
- Dedicated support from our Outreach team to help assist you when moving to teaching classes online. Visit our Online Teaching Support Hub to find out more
Browse content held in Adam Matthew Digital Collections:
Harness AM Explorer to transform teaching and research at your institution.
- Award-winning collections spanning the social sciences and humanities, developed in collaboration with leading libraries and archives
- Discover millions of pages of unique primary source content which empower students and researchers to develop critical thinking
- Powerful digital collections that transform teaching and research on important themes such as: Borders and Migrations, Gender and Sexuality, Global History, and War and Conflict
- Single point of access through AM Explorer with built-in federated search functionality across all collections
- Wealth of additional features to enhance student engagement including Handwritten Text Recognition, Data Visualisation, Video and Oral Histories
Join Our Upcoming Webinar
AM Explorer in 2021
October, Thursday 1st | 6pm BST
Benefits of your Subscription
Introducing AM Explorer to Students: A Subject Liaison Perspective
In July 2020, Adam Matthew Digital hosted a webinar with two librarians whose institutions have successfully integrated AM Explorer into their library systems and services. Jeff Liszka, Department Liaison for Arts and Humanities at Trinity College, Connecticut, and Dr Hope Williard, Academic Subject Librarian at University of Lincoln, UK, shared their experiences with course integration, collection promotion, and building student confidence with primary sources available through AM Explorer.
Assessing Digital Primary Source Usage: Value and Impact for Academic Libraries
This paper aims to explore how digital primary sources are used in parallel with how academic librarians assess usage and value in these collections. By examining key metrics, case studies and literature around assessing impact of digital primary source collections, this white paper interrogates how patronsutilize digital primary sources and whether those case studies draw parallel with the ways in which librarians judge impact and value of such collections in the context of their own institutions.
We are excited to share with you our programme of upcoming webinars exploring Adam Matthew Digitalâ€™s rich collections and discussing the practicalities of implementing these into your teaching and research.
Register your interest today and join us, along with guest speakers, for further insight into our collections, and updates on the newest releases.
September, Wednesday 30th | 4pm BST
AM Explorer in 2021
October, Thursday 1st | 6pm BST
The changing face of childrenâ€™s literature, ca.1820-1920 (in partnership with CHOICE)
October, Thursday 22nd | 2pm ET
How can books, toys, games and ephemera be used to research key cultural concepts and themes such as gender roles, religion, and work ethic? Join Adam Matthew Digital and Laura Wasowicz, Curator of Children's Literature at the American Antiquarian Society, as we discuss this topic and the launch of our collection, Childrenâ€™s Literature and Culture.
Serving and engaging communities through enhanced access to digital collections (in partnership with Library Journal)
October, Thursday 29th | 2pm ET
Discovering data mining and the digital humanities
November - Date tbc
Every Adam Matthew Digital collection offers transcriptions and rich collection metadata, available to all researchers and librarians at purchasing institutions. Join our Outreach team as they guide you through our data mining and digital humanities support services.
Preparing for the New Academic Year: Library Strategies, Resilient Teaching, and Digital Resources
As many institutions transition to online teaching, our Outreach team will be exploring the most effective methods for teaching with digital primary sources in an ever changing teaching environment.
Successfully Migrating Digital Collections
Hear from Baylor University about their recent migration from CONTENTdm to the Quartex platform, and the unique challenges that were overcome along the way.
Digitisation Lifecycle: a partnership with Backstage
Distance learning is an increasingly important tool utilized by todayâ€™s academic and cultural institutions to connect with their constituents.Librarians can participate in this movement and deepen the impact, reach and value of their analogue archive and special collections materials through digitization.