Development Editor (Ref AM564)
An exciting opportunity to join a successful and rapidly growing digital publisher of academic resources in the arts and humanities.
As part of a small and friendly team, you will work across a range of subject areas including literature, history and cultural studies. You will lead the development of new products providing digitised primary source content to aid teaching and research.
The job will involve national and international travel to attend conferences, meeting academics and visiting archives.
The successful candidate will lead the development of publications and will be responsible for:
- Producing project proposals for new thematic collections across a range of subjects
- Researching and visiting archives around the world to select material for new projects
- Negotiating contracts with archives
- Working closely with the sales and marketing team to assess market demand
- Have solid experience in the publishing industry
- Have a passion for history and an interest in primary source content
- Be a good negotiator and a confident communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Combine a strong academic background with good commercial instincts
- Have an interest in the potential of digital resources as an education and research tool
- Commissioning experience is desirable
This is a full time position based in our offices in Marlborough, Wiltshire. Salary will be dependent on experience plus excellent benefits.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th January at 12 noon.
Adam Matthew Digital is an Equal Opportunities employer.