1595-1947 (all modules)
Module 1 is now available with Module 2 publishing in Spring 2018 and Module 3 in Summer 2019.
- Administrative and ecclesiastical appointments
- Charters and the Company’s relationship to the English/British Crown
- Courts and legal affairs, including legislation
- Diplomacy, treaties and ambassadorial expeditions
- Finance and debt
- The machinery of government
- Pay and pensions for Company servants and their families
- Warfare and military matters
- A three-module collection of India Office Records material from the British Library, comprising complete classes IOR/A, B, C, D and G, plus some material from classes L and R
- Module 1: The British in India, 1600-1947
- Module 2: Factory Records for South Asia and South-East Asia
- Module 3: Factory Records for China, Japan and the Middle East
- Searchable chronology of events in India and the Asian trading word spanning the dates of the material allows users to browse these largely manuscript documents based on their dates of interest
- Data visualisation, with interactive maps and graphs, of the EIC’s trade statistics
- Essays by leading academics to explore and contextualise the original material
UNLIMITED NUMBERS OF CONCURRENT USERS. REMOTE ACCESS PERMITTED*. DOWNLOADS AND SCHOLARLY SHARING PERMITTED: SEE STANDARD LICENCE FOR TERMS.
*May be subject to restrictions: e.g. if you are a library with nationwide patrons.